Accounts Receivable Specialist
Norsat International, founded in 1977, is a leading provider of innovative communication solutions that enable the transmission of data, audio and video for remote and challenging applications. Norsat’s products and services include customizable microwave components, portable satellite systems, maritime solutions, and remote network solutions. The company’s products and services are used extensively by telecommunications services providers, emergency services and homeland security agencies, military organizations, health care providers, news organizations and Fortune 1000 companies.
Reports to: Divisional Controller
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Richmond, BC
The Accounts Receivable Specialist will be responsible for the full cycle Accounts Receivable (AR) in multiple currencies and communicating with Norsat’s worldwide customer base for both our Richmond, BC and Aurora, ON locations. This role is ideal for someone who is early or starting their career in accounting.
- Process daily invoices for both Richmond, BC and/or Aurora ON locations
- Investigate and resolve invoice posting or payment process errors on a daily basis
- Perform customer set up, customer accounts reconciliations, and A/R sub-ledger maintenance on a timely basis.
- Process daily payments, including credit cards, cheques and wire payments and apply against customer accounts
- Carry out collection and reporting activities, including corresponding directly with customers according to specific deadlines and follow up with customers on past due accounts, credit holds, and releases
- Address requests from Customer Services department within the Company and external customer inquiries in a timely manner
- Prepare customer credit applications
- Enter monthly cash receipt and month end journal entries
- Prepare month-end A/R related GL reconciliations
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly AR and revenue reporting packages
- Perform other accounting duties as required
- Experience in processing full cycle A/R in a manufacturing environment is considered an asset
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of revenue recognition criteria
- Experience with large ERP systems (preferably Navision and Oracle)
- Strong organizational skills and able to handle a variety of complex tasks
- Strong communication skills and capable of communicating effectively with all departments, customers, the management team, and external auditors
- Detail-oriented and able to work well independently
- Team player and able to initiate corrective action in a positive manner
- Able to meet deadlines and good time management
- Willing to learn and be flexible
- Positive working attitude
Security Screening Requirement:
Norsat is a secure facility, thus all employment is contingent upon the selected candidate’s successful clearance from federal security screenings, including Criminal Record Check and Mandatory Credit Check.
Job Application Requirement:
Email applications must include subject line “Accounts Receivable Specialist (JB178)”:
- Cover letter (optional)
Click on email@example.com to generate an email to apply to this posting.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted.