Antenna Design Engineer
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Shenzhen, China
Norsat is looking for a highly motivated and energetic Antenna Design Engineer to join our team. This position is responsible for the full product development cycle of new antenna products (from product research to pre-production) for use primarily with base station systems and vehicles in public safety and mobile communications systems, in frequency range from 30MHz to 6GHz. In addition to short term deployment driven tasks, you will have the opportunity to develop novel concepts and innovative new designs that satisfy long term antenna product needs of the market and company.
- Conducts all aspects of new antenna product development cycle including the conceptual design, CAD analysis, optimization, parts draft, assembly, test, product release, project technical report, material and cost report
- Performs derivative designs, product performance improvement or cost reduction.
- Creates or approve product release documents, specifications, customer manual, manufacturing test and tuning instructions
- Operates in a high-performing multi-task environment. Participates with engineering manager and other team members in the analysis of customer or system requirements, design and development of all antenna products
- Adopts new antenna design technologies and materials for performance improvement or cost reduction.
- Specifies hardware and material to comply with product specifications, manufacturing requirements and target cost
- Documents engineering design by recording engineering design requirements, theory, simulation and test results, material and hours tracking, filling engineering design reports
- Supports senior antenna engineers to resolve technical problems
- Explore new antenna design technologies, enhances professional job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging RF engineering technologies and practices
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent area of study
- Master or PhD degree is an asset
- 3+ years’ industry experience developing and testing antenna products for commercial applications is required
- Experience in the design of phased arrays and radiating antenna elements (PCB antenna, wideband or multi-band elements, etc.)
- Experience in antenna design and manufacturing for handheld/mobile radio terminals is essential
- Experience in mobile antenna design for public safety vehicles including single band and multiband with GPS is necessary
- Experience with design of in-building antennas and related components is an asset
- Strong professional experience in RF design and building for high volume and low cost production
- Demonstrated ability to design RF products from 30 MHz to 6 GHz
- Expert knowledge of RF engineering fundamentals and principles
- Basic knowledge of base station system including combining/filtering equipment, transmission/receiving equipment, and other related components.
- Hands-on skills utilizing test equipment such as vector network analyzer, power amplifiers, power meters and anechoic chamber
- Familiar with the use of CST or Ansys HFSS
- Knowledge in Passive Intermodulation (PIM) and PIP is a significant asset
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Ability to communicate clearly in English and Mandarin, written and oral.
- Able to work in a rapidly changing environment, highly proficient in design planning to ensure timely completion of assignments, willing to work in a team environment and having excellent problem solving skills
- Must be able to accommodate multiple projects in a deadline oriented environment, must be self-directed and willing to take initiative
Job Application Requirement:
Email applications must include subject line “Antenna Design Engineer (JB171)”:
- Cover letter (optional)
Click on email@example.com to generate an email to apply to this posting.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted.