Applications Engineer (China)
Norsat International, founded in 1977, is a leading provider of innovative communication solutions that enable the transmission of data, audio and video for remote and challenging applications. Norsat’s products and services include customizable microwave components, portable satellite systems, maritime solutions, and remote network solutions. The company’s products and services are used extensively by telecommunications services providers, emergency services and homeland security agencies, military organizations, health care providers, news organizations and Fortune 1000 companies.
Department: Sales Enablement
Reports to: Chief Scientist
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Shenzhen, China (Hytera Communications Head Office)
As a SATCOM Application Engineer in the Sales Enablement Group you will report to the Chief Scientist. You will work with a multi-disciplinary team and support the sales team to provide technical solutions for our customers. The solutions will include satellite networks, SATCOM terminals and microwave assemblies. You will play an integral role in ensuring that the Norsat solution meets the customer performance requirements. You will work closely with engineering to ensure solutions are realizable.
- Work with the sales team, marketing team and directly with the customer to determine the requirements and constraints
- Work with the engineering team to design and engineer solutions for our customers
- Provide support to proposal writing activities
- Provide engineering analysis for customer solutions
- Research existing and future technologies (including competitive solutions)
- Provide technology and competitive analysis
- Provide guidance to the engineering, sales and marketing teams on wireless technologies
- Support pre-sales activities including traveling and performing demonstrations at customer sites
- Support customer training
- Support customer post sales technical support
- BSc. Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience in satellite communications
- Excellent spoken and written Mandarin required
- Excellent spoken and written English required
- Experience working with SATCOM terminals and satellite networks especially shared networks
- Experience with IP networks including (routing, LAN, VOIP, video over IP)
- Willingness and able to travel internationally
Security Screening Requirement:
Norsat is a secure facility, thus all employment is contingent upon the selected candidate’s successful clearance from federal security screenings, including Criminal Record Check.
Job Application Requirement:
Email applications must include subject line “Applications Engineer (China) (JB172)”:
- Cover letter (optional)
Click on firstname.lastname@example.org to generate an email to apply to this posting.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted.