Business Development and Channel Manager – Satellite Communications (China)
Norsat International, founded in 1977, is a leading provider of innovative communication solutions that enable the transmission of data, audio and video for remote and challenging applications. Norsat’s products and services include customizable microwave components, portable satellite systems, maritime solutions, and remote network solutions. The company’s products and services are used extensively by telecommunications services providers, emergency services and homeland security agencies, military organizations, health care providers, news organizations and Fortune 1000 companies.
Reports to: VP, Sales and Marketing
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Shenzhen, China (Hytera Communications Head Office)
The Business Development and Channel Manager – Satellite Communications is responsible for acquiring new direct business for Norsat in China while cultivating existing channel relationships. This cross functional role will also work with Product Management and Marketing on new product development and promotion to help Norsat increase market share in the China market. The ideal candidate possesses a technical aptitude, strong business acumen, and superior sales skills and has proven “hunter” sales skills.
- Develop new business relationships with key customers in the market, you need to be a “Hunter”
- Support existing channels and add new channels to support the “base business”
- Position new and existing products to customers in the market via customer proposals and quotations
- Visit customers in China and participate in industry events
Marketing (Business Development) tasks:
- Identify new product opportunities and share with the Product Manager
- Analyze product features, pricing, profitability, key performance indicators and competitiveness
- Work with Marketing Communications to produce and execute marketing campaigns and to generate leads
- Understand and communicate regulatory requirements
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- University or College Degree; B. Eng., Bachelors of Science (MANDATORY)
- 8 years+ of experience in technology sales (MANDATORY)
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Superb communication skills
- Excellent English (spoken and written)
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM
- Experience using a CRM on a daily basis
- Experience with satellite and/or terrestrial microwave technologies considered an asset
- Self-motivated, driven personality
- Extremely organized
- Detail oriented
- Outstanding work ethic
- Ability to travel throughout China
Security Screening Requirement:
Norsat is a secure facility, thus all employment is contingent upon the selected candidate’s successful clearance from federal security screenings, including Criminal Record Check.
Job Application Requirement:
Email applications must include subject line “Business Development and Channel Manager – Satellite Communications (JB160)”:
- Cover letter (optional)
Click on email@example.com to generate an email to apply to this posting.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted.