Business Development Manager, Satellite (Work from Home)
Reports to: VP, Sales & Marketing
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: US East Coast
Working from your home office, and reporting to the Vice President, Sales and Marketing in Vancouver Canada, the business development manager will be expected to develop and cultivate new and existing customers throughout North America and EMEA for Norsat’s Satellite components business unit. With a focus on RF Amplifiers and upconverters, you have experience selling high frequency products to OEMs and large System Integrators. This is a combination hunter/farmer role and only those with extensive experience in both aspects of the role will be considered.
- Prospecting for and signing new OEM customers
- Supporting pre-sales technical discussions to convert customers’ requirements into specifications
- Meeting quarterly and yearly sales and profitability targets
- Providing accurate short and long term forecasts
- Monitoring sales activities relating to customers, pipeline and prospects
- Working with marketing to execute lead generation campaigns
- Contributing to marketing efforts including: new product introduction, pricing, promotional activities, collateral development, and feature requests.
- Monitoring competitor’s sales efforts and strategies
- Visiting customers (N.A. and EMEA) and attending tradeshows
- Undergraduate degree, marketing, business, or technical discipline
- Minimum of 7 years sales experience selling RF products
- Experience delivering on quota of $2M+
- Proven ability to develop winning responses to Requests for Quotes
- Knowledge of satellite or broadband/communications industry is highly desired, specifically the COTM market
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects from conception to obsolescence
- Passion for finding and closing new customers
- Customer advocate
- Self-motivated, high energy
- Superb communication skills (oral, written and presentations)
- Ability to manage large strategic partners and develop new partnerships
Security Screening Requirement:
Norsat is a secure facility, thus all employment is contingent upon the selected candidate’s successful clearance from federal security screenings, including Criminal Record Check.
Job Application Requirement:
Email applications must include subject line “Business Development Manager, Satellite (Work from Home) (JB150)”:
- Cover letter (optional)
Click on email@example.com to generate an email to apply to this posting.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted.