Sinclair Technologies, a division of Norsat International, is a leading designer and manufacturer of RF antenna and signal conditioning products, systems, and coverage solutions. Sinclair products are used extensively in public safety and private industry communication networks, such as emergency services (police, fire, ambulance and military), transportation, natural resources, and utilities. We have over 60 years industry-leading expertise in all aspects of RF antenna and signal conditioning design and manufacturing. With a strong focus on R&D, we continue to expand our product offerings and offer industry-leading technical solutions. We have offices in Canada, United States, and the United Kingdom.
Reports to: Drafting Supervisor
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Aurora, ON
Sinclair Technologies is looking for a highly motivated and energetic Draftsperson to join our Drafting team. You must have good communication skills, are a team player, are able to focus on details and have a natural drive to accuracy. The successful candidate must be proficient in SolidWorks, and experience with SolidWorks cable routing software and/or ePMD will be a plus.
- Make drawing changes, update file properties and release ECOs.
- Convert manual parts drawings and mark-ups to computer models.
- Follow engineering prototype to make 3D model, produce parts and assembly drawings.
- Prepare engineering design release document package.
- Data management and revision control.
- Perform dimension and other basic calculations under supervision.
- Check and verify design drawings to conform to specification and design data.
- Check prepared contract and vendor documents.
- Attend engineering meeting and provide weekly progress report.
- Carry out other drafting projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Diploma or certificate in Mechanical Engineer or equivalent
- Knowledge of 3D modeling, drawing dimensioning and tolerance labeling.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks with 1 year of industry experience is mandatory.
- Experience with SolidWorks feature of Reference geometry, Hole wizard, Pattern, Multi-configuration and design table, Swept boss, Assembly mates, drawing views and BOM.
- Preference will be given to candidate with the knowledge of SolidWorks ePDM software.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products, particularly in Excel.
- Able to work well in a rapidly changing environment.
- Highly proficient in project planning to ensure timely completion of assignments
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to juggle between multiple projects within tight deadlines.
Job Application Requirement:
Email applications must include subject line “Draftsperson (JB181)”:
- Cover letter (optional)
Click on firstname.lastname@example.org to generate an email to apply to this posting.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted.