Reports to: Director of R&D
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Richmond, BC
As an Electrical Engineer, you will perform electrical design and prototype assembly of the company’s products including the production of supporting documentation for fabrication and assembly. You will also be responsible for sourcing components and generating BOMs (Bill of Materials) for assemblies.
- Produce technical documentation for manufacturing needs.
- Transforming conceptual designs into detailed schematics, PCB layouts, fabrication and assembly drawings.
- Assemble, test and troubleshoot PCBA designs.
- Assemble, test and troubleshoot electrical subsystems.
- Research, source and acquire OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) components.
- Interact with fabricators and suppliers of electrical parts to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Performing new design work and the detailing/completion of designs created by others.
- B.A.Sc. in Electrical (or Mechatronics with strong electronics skills) required.
- Entry level electrical engineering experience required.
- Exposure to schematic capture and PCB layout required.
- Relevant experience with Protel/Altium preferred.
- Exposure to digital and electronic design preferred.
- Hands-on experience building, testing and troubleshooting electronic circuits preferred.
- Hands-on experience with test equipment including signal analyzers, vector network analyzers, signal generators and oscilloscopes preferred.
- Knowledge of RF fundamentals and design an asset.
Security Screening Requirement:
Norsat is a secure facility, thus all employment is contingent upon the selected candidate’s successful clearance from federal security screenings, including Criminal Record Check.
Job Application Requirement:
Email applications must include subject line “Electrical Engineer (JB101)”:
- Cover letter (optional)
Click on firstname.lastname@example.org to generate an email to apply to this posting.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted.