Norsat International, founded in 1977, is a leading provider of innovative communication solutions that enable the transmission of data, audio and video for remote and challenging applications. Norsat’s products and services include customizable microwave components, portable satellite systems, maritime solutions, and remote network solutions. The company’s products and services are used extensively by telecommunications services providers, emergency services and homeland security agencies, military organizations, health care providers, news organizations and Fortune 1000 companies.
Reports to: CFO
Position Type: Temporary, Full Time. Contract will be 6 months with possibility of extension.
Location: Richmond, BC
As a Finance Manager of a private technology company, you will support all facets of financial requirements such as annual budgets, internal financial reporting and statutory compliance (including tax planning, compliance and other business controls.)
- Lead SOX compliance: maintain documentation of procedures and periodic testing cycles
- Lead annual budgeting processes
- Champion adoption and application of IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- Consolidate and prepare all internal and external reporting, including interim and annual financial statements and notes and MD&A
- Prepare monthly internal financial package for Head Office
- Prepare monthly KPI reports for Senior Management and Head Office
- Prepare monthly actual to budget analysis for Senior Management and Head Office
- Streamline financial reporting process
- Maintain all other statutory filings
- Assist with Corporate tax planning and compliance
- Liaise with external advisors and divisions on matters pertaining to the financial statements and other disclosure reports
- Stay knowledgeable of latest changes in external financial reporting requirements
- Other projects as assigned
- CPA designation required
- 5+ years of post-designation work experience in a similar role
- Solid understanding of IFRS and strong public company reporting experience in an international, multi-currency environment
- Proven experience in M&A such as reporting BARs, Purchase Price Allocations and integrating acquisitions
- Strong knowledge of corporate tax, tax provisions, and transfer pricing
- Experience in NAV is a definite advantage
- Managers with public practice experience will be considered an asset
Security Screening Requirement:
Norsat is a secure facility, thus all employment is contingent upon the selected candidate’s successful clearance from federal security screenings, including criminal record check and credit checks.
Job Application Requirement:
Email applications must include subject line “Finance Manager (JB170)”:
- Cover letter (optional)
Click on firstname.lastname@example.org to generate an email to apply to this posting.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted.