Human Resources Generalist
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: CFO
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Richmond, BC
Due to rapid growth, we are looking to add a Human Resources Generalist to our growing HR Team. The team is responsible for full-cycle recruiting, on-boarding, training & development, employee relations, performance management, compensation management, talent management, and more! In this role, there will be an initial heavy emphasis on recruitment, and he/she will have the opportunity to impact and/or oversee various HR initiatives. Some general office administration backup support for the administration team will also be required.
- Support the full-cycle recruitment process for all positions across Canada – including job posting, sourcing, screening, interviewing, reference checking, and offer negotiating;
- Work with management team to identify and address staffing needs;
- Research on advertising media and recruiting events related to various job opportunities;
- Administer and deliver new hire orientations;
- Participate in various committees, such as social committee and occupational health & safety;
- Analyze and create reports on HR metrics specifically detailing the effectiveness of current HR programs and processes, and identifies and recommends improvements to HR service level;
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of employment laws and regulations, ensuring legal compliance and initiating policy changes/updates where required.
- Provides coverage for the administration functions.
- Work on ad-hoc projects, reporting and other duties as assigned.
- This position requires periodic national travel.
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in Commerce, Business Administration, Human Resources or related field;
- 2+ years of HR Generalist experience with heavy emphasis on recruitment within the tech industry and/or manufacturing environment;
- Proven recruitment success;
- Experience in a similar role dealing with multiple locations (i.e. Canada, US, UK);
- American HR or payroll experience will be considered as an asset;
- Enrolment in or a desire to pursue a CPHR designation an asset;
- Experience implementing a HRIS would be an asset;
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize time/workload to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines;
- Ability to manage fast-changing business circumstances, thrive in a constantly changing business environment and handle multiple (and sometimes conflicting) deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organization, time management, and negotiation skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of employees;
- High integrity and a real sense of ownership and accountability of responsibilities and projects.
Security Screening Requirement:
Norsat is a secure facility, thus all employment is contingent upon the selected candidate’s successful clearance from federal security screenings, including Criminal Record Check.
Job Application Requirement:
Email applications must include subject line “Human Resources Generalist (JB140)”:
- Cover letter (optional)
Click on firstname.lastname@example.org to generate an email to apply to this posting.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted.