Department: Sales – Europe (Microwave/RF Products
Reports to: VP, Sales & Marketing
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Richmond, BC
As an Inside Sales Representative for our European market, your primary responsibilities are to acquire new direct business and cultivate existing direct and channel relationships for Norsat’s satellite components. This cross-functional role will also work closely with Product Management and Marketing on new product development and promotion to help Norsat increase market share in the assigned territory. The ideal candidate possesses a technical aptitude, strong business acumen, and excellent sales skills.
A variety of sales tasks, including:
- Working with the Business Development Manager in Europe to close business in the region;
- Providing quotations for customers;
- Following up on quotations and inquiries from the region;
- “Hunting” for new customers in the region;
- Supporting existing channels and adding new channels;
- Positioning new and existing products to customers in the market via customer proposals and quotations;
- Identifying new product opportunities;
- Analyzing product features, pricing, profitability, key performance indicators and competitiveness;
- Collaborating with Marketing Communications on producing and executing marketing campaigns and generating leads;
- Understanding and communicating regulatory requirements;
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- University or College Degree; B. Eng., BSc. considered an asset
- 3-5 years of communications / technical sales experience;
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills;
- Superb communication skills (oral, written and presentations);
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM;
- Experience with high frequency technologies considered an asset;
- Demonstrated experience holding a quota > $1,000,000 per year
- Self-motivated, driven personality
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish positive working relationships with engineering, operations and sales personnel
- Exceptional work ethic
- As the role is focused on the European region an early starter would be preferred
Security Screening Requirement:
Norsat is a secure facility, thus all employment is contingent upon the selected candidate’s successful clearance from federal security screenings, including Criminal Record Check.
Job Application Requirement:
Email applications must include subject line “Inside Sales Representative (JB134)”:
- Cover letter (optional)
Click on email@example.com to generate an email to apply to this posting.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted.