Reports to: Accounting Manager
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Richmond, BC
The Junior Accountant will work closely with the company’s Accounts Payable team with the full-cycle operation related to accounts payable for both our Richmond, BC and Aurora, ON locations. Duties will also include in assisting with financial month end close and bank reconciliations.
- Perform three-way matching, batching and coding of Purchase Orders (PO) and Non-PO invoices
- Process employee expenses in multiple departments for all locations
- Perform credit card reconciliations
- Assist in vendor account reconciliations
- Assist with month end close and leadsheet preparations
- Assist with bank reconciliations
- Perform other accounting duties and special projects as required
- 2+ years of related accounting experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in accounting is an asset
- Experience with large ERP systems, preferably Navision
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Security Screening Requirement:
Norsat is a secure facility, thus all employment is contingent upon the selected candidate’s successful clearance from federal security screenings, including Criminal Record Check.
Job Application Requirement:
Email applications must include subject line “Junior Accountant (JB166)”:
- Cover letter (optional)
Click on firstname.lastname@example.org to generate an email to apply to this posting.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted.