Junior Production Planner
Reports to: Production Manager
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Richmond, BC
As a Junior Production Planner, you are responsible for planning and coordination of manufacturing processes for leading edge satellite communication solutions. Reporting to the Production Manager, your key role is to ensure jobs are organized and available for execution to keep the production team operating at an efficient level.
- Review of the build plan and organize production time to meet customer deliveries;
- Provide the production team with timely work orders and adjust work flow to avoid stoppage in work;
- Ensure parts availability for work order execution;
- Review completed work orders and post into ERP system;
- Ensure material orders are available to meet build requirement; and
- Conduct regular planning meetings to ensure information is communicated efficiently to all departments involved.
- Good command of the English language (written and oral);
- Prolific in MS Office, especially MS Excel and MS Word;
- Post-secondary education related to Operations Management;
- Experience using an ERP/MRP system in manufacturing an asset; and
- Experience working in a high-tech manufacturing industry an asset.
Security Screening Requirement:
Norsat is a secure facility, thus all employment is contingent upon the selected candidate’s successful clearance from federal security screenings, including Criminal Record Check.
Job Application Requirement:
Email applications must include subject line “Junior Production Planner (JB174)”:
- Cover letter (optional)
Click on email@example.com to generate an email to apply to this posting.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted.