Sinclair Technologies, a division of Norsat International, is a leading designer and manufacturer of RF antenna and signal conditioning products, systems, and coverage solutions. Sinclair products are used extensively in public safety and private industry communication networks, such as emergency services (police, fire, ambulance and military), transportation, natural resources, and utilities. We have over 60 years industry-leading expertise in all aspects of RF antenna and signal conditioning design and manufacturing. With a strong focus on R&D, we continue to expand our product offerings and offer industry-leading technical solutions. We have offices in Canada, United States, and the United Kingdom.
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Aurora, ON
Sinclair Technologies, a division of Norsat International, is looking for a highly motivated and energetic Mechanical Engineer to join our Aurora Division. This position is responsible for the full product development cycle of new antenna and filter products (from product research to pre-production) for use primarily with base station systems, vehicles and handheld devices in public safety and mobile communications systems, in frequency range from 30MHz to 6GHz. In addition to short term deployment driven tasks, you will have the opportunity to develop novel concepts and innovative new designs that satisfy long term antenna product needs of the market and company.
- Conducts all mechanical aspects of new antenna and filter product development cycle including the conceptual design, strength analysis, optimization, parts draft, assembly, test, product release, project technical report, material and cost report.
- Performs derivative designs, product performance improvement or cost reduction.
- Creates or approve product drawings, release documents, specifications, customer manual, manufacturing assembly and test instructions.
- Operates in a high-performing multi-task environment. Participates with engineering manager and other team members in the analysis of customer or system requirements, design and development of all antenna and filter products.
- Adopts new design technologies and materials for performance improvement or cost reduction.
- Specifies hardware and material to comply with product specifications, manufacturing requirements and target cost.
- Documents engineering design by recording engineering design requirements, theory, simulation and test results, material and hours tracking, filling engineering design reports.
- Explore new design technologies, enhances professional job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging manufacturing technologies and practices.
- Supports senior engineers to resolve technical problems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent area of study
- Master degree is an asset
- 3+ years’ industry experience developing and testing products for commercial applications is required
- Strong professional experience in mechanical design and product building for high volume and low-cost production
- Knowledge of RF engineering fundamentals and principles
- Solid understanding of fabrication/manufacturing processes
- Proficiency in Solidworks with 3 years of industry experience is mandatory
- Experience with Solidworks feature of Reference geometry, Hole wizard, Pattern, Multi-configuration and design table, Swept boss, Assembly mates.
- Knowledge of drawing views and BOM, dimensioning and tolerance labeling
- Hands-on skills utilizing test equipment such as vibration table and temperature chamber
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Able to work in a rapidly changing environment, highly proficient in design planning to ensure timely completion of assignments, willing to work in a team environment and having excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be able to accommodate multiple projects in a deadline oriented environment, must be self-directed and willing to take initiative.
Job Application Requirement:
Email applications must include subject line “Mechanical Engineer (JB168)”:
- Cover letter (optional)
Click on email@example.com to generate an email to apply to this posting.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted.