Department: Operations Engineering
Reports to: Manager, Operations Engineering
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Aurora, ON
Responsibilities include providing documentation and floor support associated with safety, manufacturing, quality methods, tooling, and equipment. Aggressively initiate new processes and methods that will improve safety, reduce product cost and/or improve product quality.
- Identifies and implements manufacturing process, equipment, tools, fixtures and facilities improvements on an ongoing basis to improve productivity, quality, cost, space utilization and safety
- Participates in NPI Reviews to provide manufacturing perspective and optimize product manufacturability, quality and cost
- Creates internal manufacturing process instructions/procedures
- Leads Process FMEA
- Coordinates and implements design changes
- Generates and maintains engineering procedures
- Initiates manufacturing process continuous improvement and Kaizen activities
- Communicates with production on timing of line trials and supports department during those trials
- Optimizes efficiency of process flow, equipment, and process control systems
- Troubleshoots production problems, conducts root cause analysis for manufacturing issues and implements corrective action plans to prevent the recurrence
- Drives LEAN manufacturing implementation and total cost-out
- Identifies and reports any quality or compliance concerns and takes immediate corrective action as required
- Knowledge and understanding of document control, design transfer, verification, validation, acceptance activity, to ensure that product, equipment, tools, processes, software, training and documentation meet requirements
- Aware of and complies with the Quality Management System
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Completion of an Industrial/Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years Industrial/Mechanical Engineering experience in a high tech, low volume, high mix manufacturing environment
- Excellent knowledge of lean manufacturing, material flow, assembly processes and plant layouts
- Knowledge of ERP software, BOM structures, routings
- Strong detail oriented and result oriented mind-set.
- Clear thinking, strong planning and organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills
- Strong analytical and root cause analysis skills.
- Innovative problem solver
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility (adaptability and ability to make decisions quickly)
- Strong computer skills (including AutoCAD/Solid Works – latest version, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Visio)
Job Application Requirement:
Email applications must include subject line “Operations Engineer (JB159)”:
- Cover letter (optional)
Click on firstname.lastname@example.org to generate an email to apply to this posting.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted.