Norsat International, founded in 1977, is a leading provider of innovative communication solutions that enable the transmission of data, audio and video for remote and challenging applications. Norsat’s products and services include customizable microwave components, portable satellite systems, maritime solutions, and remote network solutions. The company’s products and services are used extensively by telecommunications services providers, emergency services and homeland security agencies, military organizations, health care providers, news organizations and Fortune 1000 companies.
Reports to: Director, Engineering and R&D
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Richmond, BC
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced Project Manager to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading multiple technical projects concurrently. The diverse projects are related to the development of satellite ground segment components and will encompass all aspects of the new product introduction process from conception, design and development, pilot runs to hand-off to mass manufacturing and manufacturing support.
- Develops, executes and revises project plans and processes as needed to meet changing needs and requirements (i.e. implementation plans, RMA processes, etc.).
- Maintains project schedules by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, summarizing information and trends, and recommending actions.
- Co-ordinates project activities with other projects, Electronic Manufacturing Systems (EMS) and New Product Introduction(NPI) groups within Norsat and Hytera
- Facilitates and chairs project design reviews
- Creates written technical documentations as needed.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Ensures established processes and standards are being adhered to.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of the project plan along with budget, schedule and resources.
- Facilitates communication amongst diverse stakeholders with conflicting objectives.
- Manages scope and mitigates risk across projects.
- 3+ years of program and project management experience on medium scale, complex projects.
- in a related engineering discipline (electrical, mechanical).
- Certified Project Manager Professional by Project Management Institute (PMI) or equivalent desired.
- Project management training by PMI or equivalent required
- Excellent spoken and written English required
- Requirement analysis, design skills, process improvements, and ability to interpret technical documentation.
- Ability to clearly communicate project statuses, verbally and in written format.
- Proven experience writing project documentation, including business cases, RFPs, templates, process guides and so forth.
- Proven experience communicating with internal departments, stakeholders, teams and external vendors and clients.
- Proven experience delivering project plans and status reports.
- Experience in managing multiple work tracks concurrently.
Security Screening Requirement:
Norsat is a secure facility, thus all employment is contingent upon the selected candidate’s successful clearance from federal security screenings, including criminal record check and credit checks.
Job Application Requirement:
Email applications must include subject line “Project Manager (JB143)”:
- Cover letter (optional)
Click on email@example.com to generate an email to apply to this posting.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted.