Norsat International, founded in 1977, is a leading provider of innovative communication solutions that enable the transmission of data, audio and video for remote and challenging applications. Norsat’s products and services include customizable microwave components, portable satellite systems, maritime solutions, and remote network solutions. The company’s products and services are used extensively by telecommunications services providers, emergency services and homeland security agencies, military organizations, health care providers, news organizations and Fortune 1000 companies.
Reports to: Production Manager
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Richmond, BC
As a RF Technician, your duties will involve the manufacturing and testing of leading edge satellite products for military, government, and high-end commercial applications.
- Executing subcomponent and system level tests
- Working with production documentation like Bill of Materials (BOMs) and CAD drawings
- Testing and tuning of mechanical, electrical or RF assemblies and subassemblies
- Assuring quality and prompt delivery of products as per the latest production standards and instructions
- Assisting in the transfer of designed products to manufacturing
- Performing product verification testing of customer product before shipment
- Maintaining departmental test equipment and environment
- Maintaining records of solutions, set-ups and results
- Continuously improving our products/process through time and cost reduction
- Other duties assigned
- Post-secondary degree in Electronics, Electrical Engineering or Electrical Technology required
- 1+ year experience with high frequency/RF testing, preferred
- Experience with production systems including MRP and ECOs
- Exposure to:
- ISO 90001 manufacturing standards
- production documentation
- mechanical and electrical assemblies
- electrical components
- ESD control
- Experience in LabView Program would be an asset
- Flexibility to work overtime hours
Security Screening Requirement:
Norsat is a secure facility, thus all employment is contingent upon the selected candidate’s successful clearance from federal security screenings, including criminal record check and credit checks.
Job Application Requirement:
Email applications must include subject line “RF Technician (JB164)”:
- Cover letter (optional)
Click on email@example.com to generate an email to apply to this posting.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted.