Sales Manager (China)
Reports to: VP, Sales and Marketing (Canada)
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Shenzhen, China (Hytera Communications Head Office)
The Sales Manager – Satellite Communications is responsible for building and managing the team to acquire new business for Norsat in China. This cross functional role will also work with Product Management and Marketing on new product development and promotion to help Norsat increase market share in the China market. The ideal candidate possesses a technical aptitude, strong business acumen, superior sales skills and is a proven sales leader that has grown revenue for multiple companies in the past.
- Interface with the VP, Sales in Canada to develop a market penetration plan
- Hire sales team (4 sales people) and personally help them achieve their quota objectives
- Develop daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual objectives for team and report on these objectives
- Help the sales team position new and existing products to the market via customer proposals and quotations
- Visit customers in China and participate in industry events
Marketing (Business Development) tasks:
- Identify new product opportunities and share with the Product Manager
- Analyze product features, pricing, profitability, key performance indicators and competitiveness
- Work with Marketing Communications to produce and execute marketing campaigns and to generate leads
- Understand and communicate regulatory requirements
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- University or College Degree; B. Eng., Bachelors of Science (MANDATORY)
- 5+ years of experience in technology sales, personal quota (MANDATORY)
- 5+ years of experience in managing sales teams for technical companies (MANDATORY)
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Superb communication skills
- Excellent English (spoken and written)
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM
- Experience getting a team using CRM on a daily basis
- Experience with satellite and/or terrestrial microwave technologies considered an asset
- Experience hiring and motivating sales people to achieve quota
- Experience managing a sales team of at least 4 individual sales contributors
- Self-motivated, driven personality
- Extremely organized
- Detail oriented
- Outstanding work ethic
- Ability to travel throughout China
Security Screening Requirement:
Norsat is a secure facility, thus all employment is contingent upon the selected candidate’s successful clearance from federal security screenings, including Criminal Record Check.
Job Application Requirement:
Email applications must include subject line “Sales Manager (China) – Satellite Communications (JB161)”:
- Cover letter (optional)
Click on email@example.com to generate an email to apply to this posting.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted.