Senior Accountant with Reporting Focus
Reports to: Finance Manager
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Richmond, BC
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Senior Accountant with Reporting Focus will be responsible for preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, internal management reports and schedules. The Senior Accountant is also responsible for assisting the Finance Manager with reconciling account balances, including intercompany balances and ad-hoc requests from management and head office. A successful candidate combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to prepare and analyze financial reports. This position is suitable for senior accountants transitioning from public practice to industry.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual financial statements and schedules, including but not limited to consolidated balance sheet, statement of earnings, statement of cashflow, detailed Accounts Receivable/Payable analysis and Operating Expenses analysis
- Support and assist with implementing improvements to the month-end, quarter-end and year-end reporting process
- Reconcile intercompany balances between a number of entities
- Assist with external audits and prepare requested schedules and technical accounting memos
- Document and monitor business processes to maintain internal controls
- Perform other accounting duties and special projects as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Completion of qualified accounting designation
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting
- Experience with multi-company and multi-currency transactions
- Experience with large ERP systems, preferably Navision and Oracle
- Advanced Excel skills
- Public practice experience is an asset
- Ability to speak and read Chinese (Mandarin) is an asset
- Strong interpersonal, organization and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Attention to detail with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Team player and able to initiate corrective action in a positive manner
Security Screening Requirement:
Norsat is a secure facility, thus all employment is contingent upon the selected candidate’s successful clearance from federal security screenings, including Criminal Record Check.
Job Application Requirement:
Email applications must include subject line “Senior Accountant with Reporting Focus (JB165)”:
- Cover letter (optional)
Click on email@example.com to generate an email to apply to this posting.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted.