Reports to: Planning & Logistics Manager
Position Type: Permanent, Full time
Location: Richmond, BC
As a Shipper, you will be responsible for all aspects of filling and shipping sales orders. This includes receipt of all corporate goods, inventory and otherwise as well managing freight movements and methods of shipping. Knowledge of customs invoicing, preparing of manual invoices for non-inventory product is required
As a Receiver, you will be responsible for receiving and stocking electronics parts, maintaining inventory accuracy, entering data for purchased materials, issuance of materials used for production, and building kits for the production assemblers.
- Enter daily receipts of purchased materials into the ERP system
- Build kits for work orders based on the priority pick list.
- Collaborate with Production and Engineering in prioritizing work order kitting
- Track movements of inventory from warehouse to other areas of the plant
- Issue or transfer raw materials used for production or moved to other warehouse zones
- Participate in the weekly inventory cycle count process
- Troubleshoot and reconcile inventory discrepancies
- Maintain good manufacturing practices (GMP)
- Receive and perform incoming inspection computer entry
- Deliver products and letters internally
- Stage and place products in warehouse
- File receipts
- Unload trucks
- Check suppliers count and report discrepancies to carrier and to purchasing office.
- Perform other duties as required
- Knowledge of ERP systems, Navision is a plus
- Warehouse and Inventory experience a plus
- Forklift ticket would be an asset but not required
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Extreme attention to details
- Good communication skills
- Strong Team Player
- Willing to learn and train others
- Positive working attitude
- Safe working practices
- Goal Oriented
- Clean work habits
- Able to work without close supervision
Security Screening Requirement:
Norsat is a secure facility, thus all employment is contingent upon the selected candidate’s successful clearance from federal security screenings, including Criminal Record Check.
Job Application Requirement:
Email applications must include subject line “Shipper/Receiver (JB173)”:
- Cover letter (optional)
Click on email@example.com to generate an email to apply to this posting.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted.