Technical Sales Engineer (China)
Norsat International, founded in 1977, is a leading provider of innovative communication solutions that enable the transmission of data, audio and video for remote and challenging applications. Norsat’s products and services include customizable microwave components, portable satellite systems, maritime solutions, and remote network solutions. The company’s products and services are used extensively by telecommunications services providers, emergency services and homeland security agencies, military organizations, health care providers, news organizations and Fortune 1000 companies.
Department: Product Management
Reports to: Product Management in Aurora
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Shenzhen, Hytera Head Office
The Technical Sales Engineer will combine technical knowledge with sales skills to provide advice and support on for Sinclair’s products. This position will liaise regularly with members of Hytera’s project teams, colleagues from a range of departments, and various customer staff.
The primary role of the Technical Sales Engineer includes: developing and providing product training and technical support to Hytera’s engineering staff and directly with customer’s staff and developing strong relationships with Hytera’s and customer’s technical design teams. In addition, the Technical Sales Engineer will provide input to the product engineering group for development of our product roadmap and technical support for market launches of new products, and conduct market research as part of discussions with customers’ technical staff. The Technical Sales Engineer will also prepare technical training materials and provide technical training for external and internal customers.
This position requires travel for approximately 20% of the time.
- Support pre-sales discussions to obtain sufficient information to convert customers’ requirements into detailed specifications for quotation and implementation.
- Working with the Sales team, identify product value proposition, develop promotional and training materials, and lead training sessions with Hytera engineers and end customers.
- Assist Sales, Engineering and Quality departments with technical support for customers.
- Support identifying market opportunities that can be advantageous for our company to seek new clients who might benefit from our products.
- Working with Engineering, prepare system designs for filter products.
- Attend various tradeshows as required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the Land Mobile Radio (LMR) industry in a technical capacity is mandatory.
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with multiple active projects across multi-functional teams.
- Ability to prioritize in a high expectation environment.
- Adept at making presentations to internal and external audiences.
- Experience with new product introduction promotion through different distribution channels and industry verticals.
- Technical undergraduate degree, preferably in electrical engineering.
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Positive work attitude
- A high degree of focus
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentations)
- Good interpersonal skills for working with customers, sales and engineering staff
Job Application Requirement:
Email applications must include subject line “Technical Sales Engineer – China (JB169)”:
- Cover letter (optional)
Click on email@example.com to generate an email to apply to this posting.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted.