Technical Sales Engineer
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Aurora, ON – Canada preferred or USA
The Technical Sales Engineer will combine technical knowledge with sales skills to provide advice and support on a range of products. This position will liaise regularly with other members of the sales team, colleagues from a range of departments, and various customer staff.
The primary role of the Technical Sales Engineer includes: developing and providing product training and technical support to customers’ engineering staff, preparing system designs for customer applications, and developing strong relationships with customers’ technical design teams world-wide. In addition, the Technical Sales Engineer will provide input to the product engineering group for development of our product roadmap and technical support for market launches of new products, and conduct market research as part of discussions with customers’ technical staff. The Technical Sales Engineer will also prepare technical training materials and provide technical training for external and internal customers.
This position requires travel for approximately 40% of the time.
- Work with the Sales team, identify product value proposition, develop promotional and training materials, and lead training sessions with customers
- Support pre-sales discussions to obtain sufficient information to convert customers’ requirements into detailed specifications for quotation and implementation
- Work with Engineering, prepare custom RF conditioning system designs for customers
- Assist Sales, Engineering and Quality departments with technical support for customers
- Maintain customer contact as well as oversee the resolution of customer complaints
- Support identifying market opportunities that can be advantageous for our company to seek new clients who might benefit from our products
- Provide guidance to the engineering, sales and marketing teams on wireless technologies
- Support pre-sales activities including traveling and performing demonstrations at customer sites
- Attend various tradeshows and conferences as required to deliver solution presentations and provide technical pre-sales support
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the Land Mobile Radio (LMR) industry in a technical capacity is mandatory
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with multiple active projects across multi-functional teams
- Ability to prioritize in a high expectation environment
- Adept at making presentations to internal and external audiences
- Experience with new product introduction promotion through different distribution channels and industry verticals
- Technical undergraduate degree, preferably in electrical engineering
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Positive work attitude
- A high degree of focus
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentations)
- Good interpersonal skills for working with customers, sales and engineering staff
Job Application Requirement:
Email applications must include subject line “Technical Sales Engineer (JB153)”:
- Cover letter (optional)
Click on firstname.lastname@example.org to generate an email to apply to this posting.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted.