We’re pleased to announce our entry into the world of M2M (machine to machine) Solutions, with the launch of Sentinel RMC, a complete global end-to-end solution that includes equipment and communication services. Sentinel enables customers to monitor remote sites in real time, gaining operational efficiencies and improving safety. Click to learn more about how Sentinel RMC, and M2M solutions can help your business.
Tags: Sentinel RMC
We had a great turn out at Satellite 2013, and wish to thank all of our customers and visitors for stopping by and giving us valuable feedback. It was great to see you and we value your loyalty and support. A few highlights from the event include:
- The announcement of our new partnership with O3b and the unveiling of our first product designed for O3B’s new network. We had a great response the news of our O3b BUC launch and many of you were surprised and excited to see a COTS product 2 months before service launch. We were pleased to show the same BUC that will be powering a large maritime deployment in the summer of 2013.
- The debut demonstration of our newly launched GLOBETrekker 2.0 fly-away satellite terminal. We were pleased to see that GLOBETrekker was star of the booth, with many military and civilian organizations interested in its portable yet rugged design, easy-to-use interface, and multiple band support.
- LinkControl software, which supports most of our satellite terminals, was available to demo alongside GLOBETrekker, and proved to be particularly popular due to its feature rich capabilities and easy to use interface. LinkControl now includes an automated troubleshooting system; and you can see this system in action, in our brand new video demo.
- In January this year we launched Sentinel RMC, an M2M solution designed for remote site monitoring and control in the Oil & Gas industry, and Satellite 2013 was our first chance to show off its capabilities. We are extremely proud of this turnkey solution and very pleased with the positive response from visitors.
Event Photos of Norsat at Satellite 2013
Spring is trade show season at Norsat, and this year we’re going to some great events. If you’re attending Marine West, CABSAT, Satellite or NAB 2013, make sure you stop by the Norsat booth to say hello, see our latest technology on display or speak with one of our communications experts. Please contact us to set up a meeting during any of these shows, or see below for more details.
Marine West 2013
Location: Marine Corps Base, Camp Pendleton, CA
Date: Feb 13-14, 2013
Marine West showcases the latest technology and prototypes aimed at preparing today’s Marines for the opportunities and challenges of the 21st Century. Norsat will be demonstrating our most rugged and field proven satellite terminals, ideal for mission critical military communications. Join us at booth 537 or contact us to arrange a meeting.
Location: Dubai, UAE, Dubai World Trade Centre
Booth: B2-42, Hall 2
Date: March 12 – 14, 2013
CABSAT is the most well established and respected trade platform for the broadcast, digital media and satellite sectors across the Middle East, Africa and Southern Asian regions. We will be demonstrating a fly-away ROVER satellite terminal with full SNG capabilities, so join us to take a look at what’s new and speak with our local sale representative. Registration is free, so click here to sign up today
Location: Washington DC,Walter E. Washington Convention Center
Date: March 19-21, 2013
The Satellite 2013 Exhibition brings together thousands of communications professionals in the satellite community to explore next generation products and technology, including Norsat’s latest and greatest offerings. We will display our newly re-designed and upgraded GLOBETrekker™ 2.0, demonstrate our brand new M2M Solution, Sentinel RMC, and showcase the latest microwave technology. Use VIP Code NOR253 to register for Satellite 2013 for FREE, or contact us to set up a meeting.
Location: Las Vegas Convention Center, Nevada
Date: April 8 -11, 2013
NAB brings together the widest variety of communications industry players, who come for creative inspiration and to learn about next-generation technologies. Norsat will be displaying a variety of cutting edge broadcast equipment and service options at NAB, so register now to join us..
Want to learn more about how you can benefit from M2M Solutions, and our new Sentinel RMC? See below for answers to some common questions we get about about M2M. For more info about M2M Solutions, Sentinel RMC or other communication products please contact us.
What is M2M?
M2M stands for machine to machine and refers to a wide variety of technologies that enable both wireless and wired systems to communicate with other devices of the same ability. By enabling machines to communicate with each other, real-time data can easily be collected and analyzed from remote locations.
Why would I need real time stats on my remote sites?
Real time monitoring and control gives you the eyes, ears, hands and feet necessary to maintain operational control of your remote sites. By establishing advanced alarm notifications you can be proactive and prevent an incident before it happens. Monitoring your data enables you to perform the trending analysis necessary to have peace of mind for your operation, and then pass this security along to your customers.
How does Sentinel RMC work?
Sentinel RMC is a complete M2M solution that includes remote terminal units (RTUs) for remote site data collection and control, a communication service to backhaul your data, a data hosting facility for storage, and a secure web based customer interface for data access.
Norsat Engineering will provide customization services for the RTU to ensure proper sensor integration and system architecture. The customer portal can also be customized for your application, and with its easy to use interface, you will be able to edit and adjust the portal on the fly as your operation changes. Your data is secure in our hardened facility, which is equipped with multiple backups and redundancies.
Sentinel RMC is supported by our knowledgeable 24x7x365 customer service team, who will ensure your system is working at all times. Installation and training services can also be provided.
Isn’t satellite service an expensive way of communicating?
Actually, no! For most M2M applications, the quantity of data collected from your remote sites is very small and with an intelligent RTU, Sentinel RMC will backhaul only the necessary data. This increases data transmission efficiencies and makes low data rate satellite service quite cost effective.
Is Sentinel limited to satellite services?
No, Sentinel can take advantage of a wide variety of communication services to enable connectivity anywhere in the world. In addition to L-band, Ku-band, and Ka-Band satellite, Sentinel can also communicate through mobile, WiMax, wireless, terrestrial, point to point microwave & other services. Please contact us with your specific application and we will assess your needs to determine the most cost effective communication option.
What can Sentinel RMC monitor? Am I limited to specific sensors and equipment?
Our standard RTU is equipped with a control unit that has 12 Discrete inputs, 8 discrete outputs, 8 analog inputs, 2 analog outputs, an Ethernet port, 2 RS485 ports and 2 RS 232 ports, and multiple controllers that can be connected together to accommodate nearly any situation. We will customize both the RTU and your customer portal to monitor and report on the specific sensors you are interested in. Basically, if you can measure it, we can make it work with Sentinel RMC.
I think I could use this for my own customers. How can Sentinel be customized for this use?
The Sentinel portal can easily be customized to have the look and feel as if it was your own, including your own logo, and unique customer access.
What is data as a service (DaaS)?
Like its cousin, Software-as-a-Service, DaaS is based on the concept that the product, data in this case, can be provided on demand to the user regardless of geographic or organizational separation of provider and consumer. Sentinel is a completely integrated DaaS system and service to give you access and control of your data from one convenient location.
How does Sentinel RMC differ from other M2M Solutions?
Sentinel RMC offers several distinct advantages over other solutions:
- It’s a complete end to end solution. Unlike many other M2M Solutions, Sentinel RMC includes equipment, communication, data storage and a user portal. Rather than sourcing all of these separately, you can rely on our service and expertise to setup your complete system.
- It’s a truly global service. Because we haven’t tied Sentinel to a specific communication service, it is flexible enough for use anywhere you need data monitoring.
- It’s completely customizable. Sentinel RMC can be customized for your needs, as well as your customer’s needs. We will work with you to design the RTUs and customer portal so that it looks, feels and works the way you need it to, which means Sentinel can be used for the widest variety of applications
- We put intelligence in the RTU so that it can make informed decisions on site, with or without the need for human intervention. The RTU can process data before its sent, take any necessary actions (eg. Closing an over pressure valve), send data at certain sensor levels, and many more tasks as needed.
You talk about Sentinel being design for the Oil and Gas industry, where else can it be used?
The possibilities are nearly endless but we know Sentinel will work well for monitoring air and water quality, for meteorological analysis, forestry, municipal water systems and or other unique and niche applications.
What are the operational benefits of remote monitoring?
You have the ability to manage all of your remote sites and customers from a single location (or multiple networked locations), from anywhere in the world, streamlining your management process. Additionally you can reduce unnecessary field deployments to the remote locations and harsh environments where your equipment is located, increasing the safety of your team.
Please contact us for more information.